Re: Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On investigating, we found that it was because of the few commits in the
> new updates related to zic.c which tries to create hard links. These hard
> links failed to create on our build farm because we were building the
> source on the mount point (/mnt/hgfs/) where hard links cannot be created.
> The Linux machine is a Virtual Machine hosted on VMware Fusion on the Mac
> Server and the Fusion doesn't allow to create hard links inside the shared
> location. It errors out with "Operation not permitted". Symbolic links can
> be created though.

Although the IANA guys did fool around with their link-creation code in
the latest update, zic has always attempted to create hard links between
timezone files.  How did that build infrastructure ever work?

I'm not especially inclined to regard this as a bug...