Re: Server crash with Master-Slave configuration.

От Prabhat Sahu
Тема Re: Server crash with Master-Slave configuration.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 8:01 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 05:29:25PM +0530, Prabhat Sahu wrote:
> While performing below operations with Master-Slave configuration, Slave is
> crashed.
> Below are the steps to reproduce:
>
> -- create a Slave using pg_basebackup and start:
> ./pg_basebackup -v -R -D d2 -p 55510
> mkdir /home/centos/ts1
>
> -- Session 1(Master):
> ./psql postgres -p 55510
>
> CREATE TABLESPACE ts1 location '/home/centos/ts1';

Your mistake is here.  Both primary and standby are on the same host,
so CREATE TABLESPACE would point to a path that overlap for both
clusters as the tablespace path is registered the WAL replayed,
leading to various weird behaviors.  What you need to do instead is to
create the tablespace before taking the base backup, and then take the
base backup using pg_basebackup's --tablespace-mapping.
Thanks Michael for pointing it out, I have re-tested the scenario
with "--tablespace-mapping=OLDDIR=NEWDIR" option of pg_basebackup, and now its working fine.
But I think, instead of the crash, a proper error message would be better.

--
Michael

--

With Regards,