Removal of $PGDATA/base files that existed before streaming replication (v9.2.4)

От Dana Rea
Тема Removal of $PGDATA/base files that existed before streaming replication (v9.2.4)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear pgsql-admin,

I set up streaming replication using the rsync base backup described in the wiki: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Binary_Replication_Tutorial

However, before starting replication I had previously loaded some databases on the "Secondary" server for testing. Folders for those db's are still in base/ and are consuming a lot of disk space. du reports that the base on my Secondary is twice as large as on the Primary.

Do I have safe options for removing this unused data, beyond clearing the Secondary's $PGDATA folder and re-doing the synchronization?

Cheers,
--
Dana Rea
Infrastructure Team Lead