Errors while installing PostGIS by an unusual method

От Ankit Sablok
Тема Errors while installing PostGIS by an unusual method
Дата
Re: Errors while installing PostGIS by an unusual method  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

I am trying to install PostGIS on a RHEL_5 system and failing at it miserably. The way I am trying to install it is as follows. I copy over all the artifacts of postgresql server as in the bin, lib, share directories of postgresql server in a directory called pgql and I place it in the root directory i.e /pgsql is the directory which contains things like pg_config and all the other libs and bins that one gets by installing postgresql using the standard installation. All the dependencies of PostGIS get installed successfully using the standard build process of ./configure --prefix=/pgsql, make and make install but when I issue the following command for building PostGIS using the same process :

./configure --with-gdalconfig=/pgsql/bin/gdal-config --with-geosconfig=/pgsql/bin/geos-config --with-projdir=/pgsql --with-jsondir=/pgsql --with-pgconfig=/pgsql/bin/pg_config

I get the following error in the configure step :

checking PostgreSQL version... PostgreSQL 9.6

checking libpq-fe.h usability... no

checking libpq-fe.h presence... no

checking for libpq-fe.h... no

configure: error: could not find libpq-fe.h"

to remedy this error I tried placing the include files in the include directory of postgresql by find the appropriate path using

/pgsql/bin/pg_config --includedir

and then when I try to install PostGIS, it still fails. Can anyone suggest some workaround to build PostGIS using this non-standard approach of building PostGIS?

Edit: When I try to add all the include files which includes the libpq-fe.h and libpq headers as well along with other header I get the following error when configuring PostGIS

checking for PQserverVersion in -lpq... no

configure: error: could not find libpq