Re: Errors while installing PostGIS by an unusual method

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Errors while installing PostGIS by an unusual method
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ankit Sablok <ankitsab@buffalo.edu> writes:
> I am trying to install PostGIS on a RHEL_5 system and failing at it
> miserably. The way I am trying to install it is as follows. I copy over all
> the artifacts of postgresql server as in the bin, lib, share directories of
> postgresql server in a directory called pgql and I place it in the root
> directory i.e /pgsql is the directory which contains things like pg_config
> and all the other libs and bins that one gets by installing postgresql
> using the standard installation.

(1) did you remember the include directory?

(2) I think this process will not work unless /pgsql was also the install
directory on the source machine.  You can check that by running pg_config
by hand and seeing what it prints for INCLUDEDIR, but it looks to me like
it just parrots what PG's configure expected the installation path to be.

(This is assuming that PostGIS's configure even pays attention to what
pg_config says for INCLUDEDIR.  I've not checked.)

Is there a good reason why you're not building Postgres on the same
machine where you're building PostGIS?  It seems like a recipe for
trouble, with little to be gained.