Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: CI, macports, darwin version problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 at 15:00, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

> On 7/18/24 07:55, Joe Conway wrote:
> > On 7/18/24 04:12, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
> >> Could it be pulling the ''macos-runner:sonoma' image on every run?
> >
> > Or perhaps since this was the first run it simply needed to pull the
> > image for the first time?

It was not the first run, Thomas rerun it a couple of times but all of
them were in the same build. So, I thought that CI may set some
settings to pull the image while starting the build, so it
re-downloads the image for all the tasks in the same build. But that
looks wrong because of what you said below.

> > The scheduling timing (21:24) looks a lot like what I observed when I
> > did the test for the time to download. Unfortunately I did not time the
> > test though.
>
> Actually it does look like the image is gone now based on the free space
> on the volume, so maybe it is pulling every run and cleaning up rather
> than caching for some reason?
>
> Filesystem       Size   Used  Avail Capacity
> /dev/disk3s5    228Gi   39Gi  161Gi    20%

That is interesting. Only one thing comes to my mind. It seems that
the 'tart prune' command runs automatically to reclaim space when
there is no space left and thinks it can reclaim the space by removing
some things [1]. So, it could be that somehow 'tart prune' ran
automatically and deleted the sonoma image. I think you can check if
this is the case. You can check these locations [2] from ci-user to
see when ventura images are created. If they have been created less
than 1 day ago, I think the current space is not enough to pull both
ventura and sonoma images.

[1] https://github.com/cirruslabs/tart/issues/33#issuecomment-1134789129
[2] https://tart.run/faq/#vm-location-on-disk

--