Re: how to manage Cirrus on personal repository

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: how to manage Cirrus on personal repository
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 13:24, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> I have a private repository on GitHub where I park PostgreSQL
> development work.  I also have Cirrus activated on that repository, to
> build those branches, using the existing Cirrus configuration.
>
> Now under the new system of limited credits that started in September,
> this blew through the credits about half-way through the month.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to manage this better?  Is there maybe a
> way to globally set "only trigger manually", or could we make one?

You can create another repository / branch with only a .cirrus.yml
file which will only have the 'trigger_type: manual' line. Then, you
can go to your private repository's settings on Cirrus CI and set
REPO_CI_CONFIG_GIT_URL=github.com/{user}/{repository}/.cirrus.yml@{branch}
environment variable. This will write contents of the newly created
.cirrus.yml file to your private repository's .cirrus.yml
configuration while running the CI. You can look at the .cirrus.star
file for more information. I just tested this on a public repository
and it worked but I am not sure if something is different for private
repositories. I hope these help.

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft