Re: The case for version number inflation

От Selena Deckelmann
Тема Re: The case for version number inflation
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
Selena,

> This seems like a case to be made for Postgres to respond more elegantly to
> this situation, possibly by converting blocks on the fly to the newer
> version of the database for writes and being ok with reading previous
> versions of blocks, or simply not writing data to the filesystem when the
> versions don't match.

It's on the TODO list.  It's just really hard to implement, especially
if you consider the combinational challenge.

One step at a time. :)

Postgres won't start up if the binaries don't match the data ... unless
someone has written a script which replaces the pg_control file :-(

Seems like we could make that mechanism more robust :)

-selena

Сообщение: Re: The case for version number inflation
Сообщение: Re: The case for version number inflation