Re: Funny hang on PostgreSQL 10 during parallel index scan on slave

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Funny hang on PostgreSQL 10 during parallel index scan on slave
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
As a status note, the above patch has not been run through pg_indent and while I have run make check-world on linux (passed) and a non-Linux system (which failed both with and without my patch) I will be making one more small revision before final submission unless anyone thinks I need to change approaches.

Currently, all code paths that hit the resize call the relevant functions with an ERROR elevel.  So running CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS after the initial cleanup is currently safe, but the surrounding function doesn't guarantee safety so I don't think it is a good idea to raise exceptions there.

In above patch I test for whether the level is ERROR and check for interrupts when that is true.  However as a colleague pointed out to me, if anyone ever calls this with FATAL or PANIC as the desired error level, that would not be safe so I will be checking for whether the level is equal to or greater than ERROR.

We will also go through a manual test using a debugger to try to test the behavior in these cases and make sure the patch actually resolves our problem.

Assuming no objections here and that the manual test works, you can expect a formal submission in the next couple of days.

--
Best Regards,
Chris Travers

Tel: +49 162 9037 210 | Skype: einhverfr | www.adjust.com