Re: Add --include-table-data-where option to pg_dump, to export onlya subset of table data

От Surafel Temesgen
Тема Re: Add --include-table-data-where option to pg_dump, to export onlya subset of table data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 1:11 AM, Carter Thaxton <carter.thaxton@gmail.com> wrote:
The whole reason for the colon in the --where option is to indicate which table the WHERE clause should refer to, so that one can dump less than all of the rows.
The --table option is totally different.  It specifies which tables to dump at all.

Thank you for explaining,

I just have one comment . I found the error message generated on incorrect where clause specification strange for pg_dump. I think query result status check needed to handle it and generate more friendly error message.

regards

Surafel