Re: Inconsistency in vacuum behavior

От Nikita Malakhov
Тема Re: Inconsistency in vacuum behavior
Дата
Re: Inconsistency in vacuum behavior  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Currently there is no error in this case, so additional thrown error would require a new test.
Besides, throwing an error here does not make sense - it is just a check for a vacuum
permission, I think the right way is to just skip a relation that is not suitable for vacuum.
Any thoughts or objections?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 7:46 PM Alexander Pyhalov <a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Nikita Malakhov писал 2023-01-16 17:26:
> Hi!
>
> Here's the patch that fixes this case, please check it out.
> The patch adds vacuum_is_permitted_for_relation() check before adding
> partition relation to the vacuum list, and if permission is denied the
> relation
> is not added, so it is not passed to vacuum_rel() and there are no try
> acquire the lock.
>
> Cheers!

Hi.

The patch seems to solve the issue.
Two minor questions I have:
1) should we error out if HeapTupleIsValid(part_tuple) is false?
2) comment "Check partition relations for vacuum permit" seems to be
broken in some way.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,