Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases

От James Doherty
Тема Re: Another pg_dump using split and gzip for large databases
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
They key to my comment is splits —filter command which allows gzip each of the split files

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 18:46 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 03:09:52PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/backup-dump.html
>
> pg_dump ccbank | split -b 2048m --filter='gzip > $FILE.gz'

Wow, odd we didn't have an example of using gzip and split together;
patch attached.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

James M Doherty President Revive Consulting LLC