Re: [GENERAL] Logical Replication - test_decoding - unchanged-toast-datum

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Logical Replication - test_decoding - unchanged-toast-datum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 26 September 2017 at 05:01, Abhinav Singh <abhinav.thegame@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am currently using PostgreSQL Community version 9.4.9 and then using this instance, I am doing logical replication(using replication slots). I have created the replication slots using the following query:

SELECT xlog_position FROM pg_create_logical_replication_slot('cjkimqvfuvixqyjd_00016389_e6f7c975_a311_4067_bcf1_a6accb57ab37', 'test_decoding')

3. So now I started my replication.

This is one of the MANY reasons test_decoding isn't suitable as the base for a replication solution. It has "test" in its name for a reason.

Your replication model, whatever it is, is broken, since it's not handling special cases like unchanged TOASTed values in UPDATEs. This is a bug in your replication tool.