Re: Is BDR support distributed table on slave nodes with ACID and join support.

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Is BDR support distributed table on slave nodes with ACID and join support.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 17 July 2015 at 19:37, Amit Bondwal <bondwal.amit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much all of you for quick response and clearing my mind.

Please reply to the mailing list, not just to me directly.

> One more question, can I run a databse of postgres 9.4 on postgres-XL
> cluster?

postgres-XL is based on PostgreSQL 9.2, so no.

Postgres-XL doesn't "run on" PostgreSQL. It's a modified (forked)
version of PostgreSQL.

> Or you can advise me any better solution.

Not without knowing a lot more about what you're trying to do, what
your requirements are, etc.

> As per my knowledge partitioning
> of a table have some limits in nos. and I can't extend more storage in a
> server upto a limit.

Yes, that's true, but those limits are quite large, and you may be
trying to solve a problem you don't and won't have.

This may well be premature optimisation. I can't know without a lot more info.

Rather than starting with the solution (horizontal partitioning,
sharding) try starting with the problem and requirements, then looking
for solutions from there.