Is BDR support distributed table on slave nodes with ACID and join support.

От Amit Bondwal
Тема Is BDR support distributed table on slave nodes with ACID and join support.
Дата
Re: Is BDR support distributed table on slave nodes with ACID and join support.  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello everyone,

We ae working on a application in which we are using posgresql as a database. We are sure that in future it will extend to level that we have to scale it horizontally. We have some tables which are going to be more than 90% of database size.

I looked at pg_shard, as per my understanding it is for nosql data, in our case we are going to use postgresql RDBMS features without nosql, pg_shard have lot on limitation as per our case.

I looked at postgresql-xl, it looks good as per our requirements, but we have to do a lot of things to make it high availaiblity and it don't have debian packages available for debian.

Now I see BDR, it looks good, it have multimasters, we can start with one master and later we can add more master servers to avoid failover.
Bellow are my queries:-

1. If start with postgresql 9.4 database, later can I upgrade it to DBR with these already large table, can I distribute these tables or shard them. Do I need to do some extra changes in database or it will be complicate later.

2. how can I distribute some of tables on my slave nodes, if it have any limitations please let me know.

3. if I started with 4 or 5 node cluster with one master and rest of slave nodes, how can I take backup of this distributed database to one of my other server or backup location.

Please suggest me what would be the best approch for this.

--
Thanks & Regards,

Amit Bondwal