Re: [HACKERS] On How To Shorten the Steep Learning Curve Towards PG Hacking...

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] On How To Shorten the Steep Learning Curve Towards PG Hacking...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18 April 2017 at 01:29, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
>> Personally I have to agree that the learning curve is very steep. Some
>> of the docs and presentations help, but there's a LOT to understand.
>
> There is a wiki page "Developer_FAQ" which is supposed to help answer
> these questions.  It is currently not very useful, because people
> stopped adding to it very early and is now mostly unmaintained, but
> I'm sure it could become a very useful central resource for this kind of
> information.

I add to it when I think of things.

But it'll become an unmaintainable useless morass if random things are
just indiscriminately added. Something more structured is needed to
cover subsystems, coding rules ("don't LWLockRelease() before
ereport(ERROR, ...)"), etc.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] On How To Shorten the Steep Learning Curve Towards PG Hacking...
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] On How To Shorten the Steep Learning Curve Towards PG Hacking...