Re: Fwd: Re: [CORE] temporal tables (SQL2011)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: [CORE] temporal tables (SQL2011)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
arethere plans to introduce temporal tables?<br /> ><br /> > I don't know of anybody working on them, but someone
elsemay. Try searching the list archives.<p dir="ltr">I should've mentioned that one of the reasons it doesn't seem to
bethat high on many people's priority lists is that it's fairly easy to implement with triggers and updatable views.
There'sa greater performance cost than I'd expect to pay for the same thing done as a built-in feature, but it works
wellenough.<p>Many ORMs and application frameworks also offer similar capabilities at the application level.<p>So I
thinktemporal tables are one of those nice-to-haves that so far people just find other ways of doing.</div>