Re: [HACKERS] tap tests on older branches fail if concurrency is used

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] tap tests on older branches fail if concurrency is used
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7 June 2017 at 13:39, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>>> when using
>>> $ cat ~/.proverc
>>> -j9
>>> some tests fail for me in 9.4 and 9.5.
>>
>> Weren't there fixes specifically intended to make that safe, awhile ago?
>
> 60f826c has not been back-patched. While this would fix parallel runs
> with make's --jobs, PROVE_FLAGS="-j X" would still fail.

Ah, that's why I didn't find it.

I think applying Michael's patch makes sense now, and if we decide to
backpatch PostgresNode (and I get the time to do it) we can clobber
that fix quite happily with the full backport. Thanks Michael for the
workaround.