Re: The pg_indent on on ftp is outdated

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: The pg_indent on on ftp is outdated
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 21 Dec. 2017 22:42, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>>> The pg_indent on www is outdated, and doesn't understand --version .
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/dev/

> Is there a reason to keep it at all if its obsolete, or should we just
> delete it?

The only reason I can think of why someone might still want that version
is if they're doing hacking on a pre-v10 branch and would like to indent
accordingly.  If we have someplace for historical versions, I'd suggest
moving this tarball to there, and replacing it with a README that says
"go here for pre-v10 pgindent, or there for modern versions".

Add it as a branch in the git repo and backpatch the pgindent README?

Hardly seems worth the hassle. It's not like back patches need tons of worry about pgindent etc anyway.