Re: Remove source code display from \df+?

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: Remove source code display from \df+?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 at 00:45, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 12:18:34AM -0500, Isaac Morland wrote:

> It turns out that my tests wanted the owner to be “vagrant” rather than
> “postgres”. This is apparently because I was running as that user (in a
> Vagrant VM) when running the tests. Then I took that output and just made
> it the expected output. I’ve re-worked my build environment a bit so that I
> run as “postgres” inside the Vagrant VM.
>
> What I don’t understand is why that didn’t break all the other tests.

Probably because the other tests avoid showing the owner, exactly
because it varies depending on who runs the tests.  Most of the "plus"
commands aren't tested, at least in the sql regression tests.

Thanks for your patience. I didn’t think about it enough but everything you both said makes sense.

I’ve re-written the tests to create a test-specific role and functions so there is no longer a dependency on the superuser name. I pondered the notion of going with the flow and just leaving out the tests but that seemed like giving up too easily.

We should probably change one of the CI usernames to something other
than "postgres" to catch the case that someone hardcodes "postgres".

> proper value in the Owner column so let’s see what CI does with it.

Or better: see above about using it from your github account.

Yes, I will try to get this working before I try to make another contribution.
Вложения