Re: pg_checkpointer is not a verb or verb phrase

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: pg_checkpointer is not a verb or verb phrase
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 08:48, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

Almost all of these are verbs or verb phrases: having this role gives
you the ability to read all data, or write all data, or read all
settings, or whatever. But you can't say that having this role gives
you the ability to checkpointer. It gives you the ability to
checkpoint, or to perform a checkpoint.

So I think the name is inconsistent with our usual convention, and we
ought to fix it.

I was going to point out that pg_database_owner is the same way, but it is fundamentally different in that it has no special allowed access and is meant to be the target of permission grants rather than being granted to other roles.

+1 to rename it to pg_checkpoint or to some similar name.