vacuum verbose no longer reveals anything about pins

От Robert Haas
Тема vacuum verbose no longer reveals anything about pins
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was dismayed to learn that VACUUM VERBOSE on a table no longer tells
you anything about whether any pages were skipped due to pins. Now the
obvious explanation for that is that we no longer skip pages entirely
just because we find that they are pinned. But I think failing to
fully process a page due to a pin is still a noteworthy event, and I
think that VACUUM VERBOSE should tell you how many times that
happened.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com