Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size comment in postgresql.conf

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size comment in postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 21:46, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
At Tue, 26 May 2020 09:10:40 -0400, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote in
> In postgresql.conf, it says:
>
> #max_slot_wal_keep_size = -1  # measured in bytes; -1 disables
>
> I don't know if that is describing the dimension of this parameter or the
> units of it, but the default units for it are megabytes, not individual
> bytes, so I think it is pretty confusing.

Agreed. It should be a leftover at the time the unit was changed
(before committed) to MB from bytes.  The default value makes the
confusion worse.

Is the following works?

#max_slot_wal_keep_size = -1  # in MB; -1 disables

Extreme pedant question: Is it MB (10^6 bytes) or MiB (2^20 bytes)?