PostgreSQL Upgrade with Replication managed via repmgr

От DAN LU
Тема PostgreSQL Upgrade with Replication managed via repmgr
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me regarding upgrading PG to the latest release that has replication setup via repmgr.

Here is an example of my current setup:
Server A: PostgreSQL 12.1 serving as the "primary" role managed by repmgr 5.1 (https://repmgr.org/
Server B: PostgreSQL 12.1 serving as the "standby" role managed by repmgr 5.1 as well

Goal:
Upgrade both primary and standby PG to 14.1 with repmgr 5.1.

I read the upgrade steps via https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/pgupgrade.html.  Step #9 to step #11 is for instance with standby, but it does not say repmgr specifically.  I also find no literature online that others posted regarding repmgr in the mix of an upgrade.

Please let me know if anyone has such experience and can share the detailed steps for upgrading it is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best regards,
DL