Fwd: Postgres HA - pacemaker RA do not support auto failback

От Shital A
Тема Fwd: Postgres HA - pacemaker RA do not support auto failback
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello,

Postgres version : 9.6
OS:Rhel 7.6

We are working on HA setup for postgres cluster of two nodes in active-passive mode.

Installed:
Pacemaker 1.1.19
Corosync 2.4.3

The pacemaker agent with this installation doesn't support automatic failback. What I mean by that is explained below:
1. Cluster is setup like A - B with A as master.
2. Kill services on A, node B will come up as master.
3. node A is ready to join the cluster, we have to delete the lock file it creates on any one of the node and execute the cleanup command to get the node back as standby

Step 3 is manual so HA is not achieved in real sense.

Please help to check:
1. Is there any version of the resouce agent which supports automatic failback? To avoid generation of lock file and deleting it.

2. If there is no such support, what checks should be added in pgsql RA to achieve

Please suggest.
Thanks.