Re: How to gracefully keep my specific index in memory ?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: How to gracefully keep my specific index in memory ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
James(王旭) wrote:
> As the title,How to keep a specific index in memory gracefully?
>
> After some statistical query, I can determine that not all indexes can be fit into memory,
> but one of the most frequently used indexes(say idx_xyz) can be definitely fit into
> memory(specifically ,[the size of idx_xyz]=20% x [memory size]).
>
> I know there's pgprewarm, but I feel with pgprewarm I can't keep things under control, e.g. no realtime monitor,
beingsqueezed out of memory ,.etc.

> Is it possible that I can simply do something like "select idx_xyz into xxx" and keep the specific index in memory
forever?

If the indexes are frequently used, they should remain cached anyway.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Олег Самойлов
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL lock file
От: Shital A
Сообщение: Fwd: Postgres HA - pacemaker RA do not support auto failback