Re: BUG #15443: Connection loss error come occasionally

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #15443: Connection loss error come occasionally
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 6:39 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      15443
Logged by:          Sagar More
Email address:      sagar5490.more@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.9
Operating system:   RHEL 7.2

Dear Team,

We have postgresql database version 9.5.9 in production set up.We
occasionally face below error.So we need to restart application process to
fix it.(droped connection from application end and start again) but its not
ideal solution.

Error :-
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: An I/O error occurred while sending to
the backend.
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write
error

We need help to fix this error.

Probably a firewall or gateway dropping the connections that they perceive as being idle.  What does the PostgreSQL server log have to say about it?  If both ends accuse the other of closing the connection, it is probably due to active interference.

Seems like your application should be designed to recover from this without a full restart.

Cheers,

Jeff