Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 10:26 AM Michał Lis <fcs1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

The connection service file can be:
-  a per-user service file at ~/.pg_service.conf
- or the location specified by the environment variable PGSERVICEFILE
- or it can be a system-wide file at `pg_config --sysconfdir`/pg_service.conf
- or in the directory specified by the environment variable PGSYSCONFDIR.

The last point talks the service file could placed into PGSYSCONFDIR.
Using PostrgeSQL on Windows the PGSYSCONFDIR leads into
D:\PostgreSQLx86\9.6\etc folder as a result of PG_config.exe.
This folder normally is absent. I created it manually and then copy into it the pg_service.conf file.

So the bug is that the pg_service.conf file is not read from this location.

I can reproduce this after using the EDB installer to install.

I create the directory indicated by `pg_config --sysconfdir`, put the pg_service.conf in it, and psql and pg_dump work without setting either PGSERVICEFILE or PGSYSCONFDIR. But pgbench and PgAdmin4 do not work with the service file this way, but do work if I define PGSERVICEFILE, so there does seem to be something buggy going on.

Cheers,

Jeff