Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 4:50 PM Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
So the bug is that the pg_service.conf file is not read from this location.

I can reproduce this after using the EDB installer to install.

I create the directory indicated by `pg_config --sysconfdir`, put the pg_service.conf in it, and psql and pg_dump work without setting either PGSERVICEFILE or PGSYSCONFDIR. But pgbench and PgAdmin4 do not work with the service file this way, but do work if I define PGSERVICEFILE, so there does seem to be something buggy going on.

This was on Windows 2019, Windows_Server-2019-English-Full-Base-2020.07.15 (ami-066a1a3fa81bfbd00).  With both 9.6 and 12 (the only ones I tested), and I installed both to the default location and a custom location (on a fresh machine each time), makes no difference.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16550: Problem with pg_service.conf