Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> That's why you should configure a second standby as another (candidate)
> synchronous replica, also listed in synchronous_standby_names.

Perhaps we should stress in the docs that this is, in fact, the *only*
reasonable mode in which to run with sync rep on?

I don't think it is the only reasonable way to run it.  Most of the time that the master can't communicate with rep1, it is because of a network problem.  So, the master probably can't talk to rep2 either, and adding the second one doesn't really get you all that much in terms of availability.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master
Сообщение: Re: Standalone synchronous master