Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables
Дата
Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: proposal - psql - show longest tables  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 07/22/2013 03:11 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>
>> 2013/7/22 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> Rather than just continuing to add more imposible-to-remember syntax,
>>> we really need a better design here.
>>
>> do you have any tip?
>>

> I agree with Robert. My tip is this: when you're in a hole, the first thing
> to do is to stop digging.

I don't think that Pavel believes himself to be in a hole.

After setting up my .psqlrc file as I normally do, I could do this:

:rtsize limit 10;

But it doesn't have the 'MB' feature, and if I want to help someone
else I first have to explain to them how to set their .psqlrc file the
same as mine, which is rather a bummer.

Is looking for the biggest tables a common enough thing that it should
be available to everyone, without needing custom customization?

Cheers,

Jeff