Re: Draft release notes complete

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I have completed my draft of the 9.2 release notes, and committed it to
> git.  I am waiting for our development docs to build, but after 40
> minutes, I am still waiting:
>
>        http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=latest&stg=make-doc
>
> (Why is there no time zone shown in the date/time at the top?)   I think
> it will eventually show up here:
>
>        http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-2.html

For item:
Improve COPY performance by adding tuples to the heap in batches
(Heikki Linnakangas)

I think we should point out that the batching only applies for COPY
into unindexed tables.  Nice as the feature is, that is pretty big
limitation not to mention.

Also, I wouldn't use "to the heap", as I think the main improvement is
from the batching of the wal records, not the heap, and also because
the basic improvement (get data into TABLES faster) can be understood
by users who don't know what a heap is, so we should avoid referring
to extraneous implementation details when they are not critical to
understanding the feature.

Thanks,

Jeff