Re: fixes for the Danish locale

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: fixes for the Danish locale
Дата
Re: fixes for the Danish locale  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 9:44 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> writes:
>> In Danish, the sequence 'aa' is sometimes treated as a single letter
>> which collates after 'z'.
>> Some regression tests got into 9.5, and are still in 9.6beta3, which
>> fail due to assuming they know how things will sort or compare.
>
> Confirmed here.  Will deal with it, but I wonder why we have no buildfarm
> members covering this ...

My CentOS box came with 735 locales installed, so testing all of them
on a regular basis would be quite a task.  And it doesn't help that
many of them seem to be very slow compared to C locale.

I guess the good news is that nothing I tested which was working in
9.5 is broken in 9.6, but several things which were working in 9.4 did
get broken in 9.5 and still are in 9.6.

The Danish fix will probably also fix the (very large) Norwegian family.

The Welsh (cy_GB) apparently put 'dd' after 'f', which breaks row
level security in much the same way as 'aa' does.

I think that that will cover all of the ones that were working in 9.4.

Does testing in other locales ever uncover bugs other than those in
the tests themselves?  Is it worth trying to maintain broad coverage?

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: fixes for the Danish locale
Сообщение: Re: fixes for the Danish locale