Re: fixes for the Danish locale

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: fixes for the Danish locale
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does testing in other locales ever uncover bugs other than those in
> the tests themselves?  Is it worth trying to maintain broad coverage?

Potentially, yes. The strxfrm() inconsistency issue disproportionately
affected de_DE.utf8, for example. There were other locales that were
affected less severely, and I think the majority were not shown to be
affected at all.

That being said, it probably wouldn't have caught that particular
issue if we had broad coverage. It probably would catch a broken test,
though.

--
Peter Geoghegan