Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
> Amir Rohan <amir.rohan@mail.com> writes:
> > I've read elsewhere that a possible solution is to provide a
> > mail address associated with a message (displayed on the web interface)
> > that routes your mail message to the thread.
>
> Seems awfully like a here-please-spam-us button.

Yeah, that doesn't sound good.  What I think would be workable is to
create a feature that emails you an archived message, and requires that
you're logged in with your community account.  That sounds hard enough
to abuse by spammers and convenient enough for actual users.

I wonder if it would break stuff like DKIM signatures, SPF checks, and
the like.

I think majordomo already has a command to do that.  It was discussed somewhere on one
of these lists in the last few months, but I can't seem to find the discussion now.

I thought someone was going to create a link on the maillist archive page that would provide some visibility to this buried gem, but I cannot find that, either.  Maybe this vague recollection can jog someone's memory.

Cheers,

Jeff

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: