Don't wake up to check trigger file if none is configured

От Jeff Janes
Тема Don't wake up to check trigger file if none is configured
Дата
Re: Don't wake up to check trigger file if none is configured  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
A streaming replica waiting on WAL from the master will wake up every 5 seconds to check for a trigger file.  This is pointless if no trigger file has been configured.

The attached patch suppresses the timeout when there is no trigger file configured.

A minor thing to be sure, but there was a campaign a couple years ago to remove such spurious wake-ups, so maybe this change is worthwhile.

I noticed that the existing codebase does not have a consensus on what to pass to WaitLatch for the timeout when the timeout isn't relevant. I picked 0, but -1L also has precedent.

Cheers,

Jeff

Вложения