Re: string escaping in tutorial/syscat.source

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: string escaping in tutorial/syscat.source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you propose back-patching this?  You could argue that this is a bug in
> 9.1 and 9.2.   Before that, they generate deprecation warnings, but do not
> give the wrong answer.

I think that backpatching to 9.1 would be reasonable, though I won't
complain if the fix is only applied to HEAD.

> If it is only to be applied to HEAD, or only to 9.1, 9.2, and HEAD, then
> this part seems to be unnecessary and I think should be removed (setting a
> value to its default is more likely to cause confusion than remove
> confusion):
>
> SET standard_conforming_strings TO on;
>
> and the corresponding reset as well.

Well, it may be unnecessary for people who use the modern default
standard_conforming_strings. But some people have kept
standard_conforming_strings=off in recent versions because they have
old code which depends on this.

OK, I didn't anticipate them doing that in their default (i.e. postgresql.conf) but of course they might do that.

I've marked it ready for committer.

Thanks,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: review: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log
Сообщение: Re: review: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log