Re: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: controlling memory management with regard to a specific query (or groups of connections)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> wrote:
> As a temporary fix I need to write some uploaded image files to PostgreSQL until a task server can
read/process/deletethem.

> The problem I've run into (via server load tests that model our production environment), is that these read/writes
endup pushing the indexes used by other queries out of memory -- causing them to be re-read from disk.   These files
canbe anywhere from 200k to 5MB.

Are you storing them as large object, or as bytea?  Can you share the
load testing scripts?

Cheers,

Jeff

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: What could cause CREATE TEMP... "could not read block" error?
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: duplicate key errors in log file