Re: duplicate key errors in log file

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: duplicate key errors in log file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/18/15 2:42 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> But he already knows it has race conditions.  That is why he included
> retry logic, to deal with those conditions.

 From the sounds of it there's no retry loop, which means there's still
a race condition (data is deleted after insert fails but before update).

>> >Even if you got rid of
>> >those, the overhead of the back-and-forth with the database is huge compared
>> >to doing this in the database.
>> >
>> >So really you should create a plpgsql function ala example 40-2 at
>> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-ERROR-TRAPPING
> It is pretty heavy handed to have to learn yet another language just
> to deal with some rare condition which can be handled fine with one of
> the languages you already know.

Meh. Not like there's that much to learning plpgsql if you already know
plpgsql.

> I would certainly welcome an optional way to turn off server logging
> of errors of a racy nature, while still have things like syntax errors
> get logged.

Really we need much more granular logging control, period. The lack of
it makes RAISE DEBUG in anything but the most trivial environments
completely useless.