Re: BUG #17618: unnecessary filter column <> text even after adding index

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: BUG #17618: unnecessary filter column <> text even after adding index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 9:29 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
So I think we need to run eval_const_expressions on indexquals before we
check for duplicate clauses, something like attached.

BTW, (revise to the v1 patch), if this is the right way to go, we should
do that before the foreach loop, so that we need to run
eval_const_expressions on indexquals only once rather than for each scan
clause.

Thanks
Richard