Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API

От Jeremy Finzel
Тема Re: Segmentation Fault in logical decoding get/peek API
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 4:26 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
jfinzel <finzelj@gmail.com> writes:

You'd have to provide some evidence that that commit actually had
something to do with a user-visible problem.  It certainly wouldn't,
by itself, have completely fixed any problem: at best it'd have
transformed it from a crash into an elog(ERROR).  More to the point,
that commit was intended to silence a probably-hypothetical-anyway
warning about the prior commit, so it wasn't fixing any issue that
ever saw the light of day in a PG release.

And indeed I have not seen such error messages so I suspect you are right there.

So my bet is that your problem was fixed by some other commit between
10.3 and 10.6.  Maybe the predecessor one, b767b3f2e; but hard to say
without more investigation than seems warranted, if the bug's gone.

                        regards, tom lane
I am willing to put in more time debugging this because we want to know which clusters are actually susceptible to the bug. Any suggestions to proceed are welcome.

Thanks,
Jeremy