Re: Source packages for pgl_ddl_deploy

От Jeremy Finzel
Тема Re: Source packages for pgl_ddl_deploy
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Dear Christoph,

Sorry for the delay - we have released one more patch along with the required changes you suggested for this to be fully ready for packaging.  See below.

The extension packaging seems almost perfect. The only change I had to
do to get it pass the testsuite on PG 10 was to make it actually load
pglogical in debian/tests/installcheck:

#!/bin/sh
pg_buildext -o shared_preload_libraries=pglogical installcheck

(The needed pglogical packages have not yet been released on apt.pg.o,
but there's prereleases in the *-pgdg-testing distributions there.)

For building the packages on apt.postgresql.org, we'd need a place to
actually pull the source (package) from. Ideally, you would just add
the Debian directory to git, either to master, or in a separate debian
branch only. For the tarball, make a release on github (pushing a tag
with a sensible name is enough), and add a debian/watch file, e.g.:
version=4
https://github.com/enova/pgl_ddl_deploy/releases .*/v(.*)\.tar\.gz
That way our build machinery can automatically grab the .tar.gz from
github using "uscan" (and also notify about new releases being made).

I like it if the apt.pg.o packages are also uploaded to Debian. Would
you be ok if I uploaded the package there? (With you being listed as
Maintainer in debian/control?)

Christoph

This has now been done and is ready at https://github.com/enova/pgl_ddl_deploy/tree/master/debian

I just tagged the most recent release as you suggested: https://github.com/enova/pgl_ddl_deploy/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Yes, it is OK to upload the packages to Debian as you asked.

Please let me know if this gives us what we need.

Thanks very much!
Jeremy