Re: Source packages for pgl_ddl_deploy

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Source packages for pgl_ddl_deploy
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Jeremy Finzel 2018-03-16 <CAMa1XUi1piCwj9B1hKtUM5wRGAekMwuNXHSO6zfC80aW6bQ36w@mail.gmail.com>
> Dear Christoph,
>
> Forever ago, I asked about sharing packages for pgl_ddl_deploy, an
> extension we wanted to share on PGDG.  You asked for me to provide source
> packages, and we have only just been able to do this.  We are now on
> version 1.2.0.  FYI again here is the git repo:
> https://github.com/enova/pgl_ddl_deploy
>
> I have attached the source packages.  Please let me know if this gives us
> what we need to share this extension with the community or if you need more
> from us.  I sure appreciate your help!

Hi Jeremy,

I'm sorry I didn't get around to reply earlier - I had still flagged
your old mail in my inbox, but it didn't happen.

The extension packaging seems almost perfect. The only change I had to
do to get it pass the testsuite on PG 10 was to make it actually load
pglogical in debian/tests/installcheck:

#!/bin/sh
pg_buildext -o shared_preload_libraries=pglogical installcheck

(The needed pglogical packages have not yet been released on apt.pg.o,
but there's prereleases in the *-pgdg-testing distributions there.)

For building the packages on apt.postgresql.org, we'd need a place to
actually pull the source (package) from. Ideally, you would just add
the Debian directory to git, either to master, or in a separate debian
branch only. For the tarball, make a release on github (pushing a tag
with a sensible name is enough), and add a debian/watch file, e.g.:

version=4
https://github.com/enova/pgl_ddl_deploy/releases .*/v(.*)\.tar\.gz

That way our build machinery can automatically grab the .tar.gz from
github using "uscan" (and also notify about new releases being made).

I like it if the apt.pg.o packages are also uploaded to Debian. Would
you be ok if I uploaded the package there? (With you being listed as
Maintainer in debian/control?)

Christoph