PG10 Attach-Detach Partition in Declarative vs Inheritance

От Gaurav Anand
Тема PG10 Attach-Detach Partition in Declarative vs Inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Team,

I need your kind suggestion:
We have Postgres 10 and have partition tables currently with Declarative partitions. When we refresh the data and detach and attach the partition, during this time our Application which has Sql query on these tables takes Lock and sometimes a deadlock situation also arises.

To overcome deadlock we used, advisory lock however the application still keeps waiting for lock to release.

Please suggest the best way -
1. Will Inheritance partition (in PG10) help avoid the explicit locks.
2. Is upgrading the only choice? if so which version of PG.
3. Please suggest any other work around.

Thanks.

Regards,
Gaurav Anand

logo

This communication is confidential and subject to and governed by Saama’s Electronic Communications Disclaimer.