Re: Missing rows after migrating from postgres 11 to 12 with logical replication

От Lars Vonk
Тема Re: Missing rows after migrating from postgres 11 to 12 with logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The full setup is:

**Before:
11 primary -> 11 hotstandby binary

**During migration
11 primary -> 11 hotstandby binary
  | -> 12 new instance via logical
          |-> 12 new replica via binary

**After migration
12 primary
|-> 12 replica via binary

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 7:16 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 12/22/20 9:10 AM, Lars Vonk wrote:
>     Did you have some other replication running on the 11 instance?
>

> Yes the 11 instance also had another (11) replica running. (But these
> logs are from the 12 instance)

The 11 instance had the data that went missing in the 12 instance, so
what shows up in logs for the 11 instance during this period that is
relevant?

> The new 12 instance also had a replica running.

So the setup was?:

1) 11 primary --> 11 standby via what replication logical or binary?
     | -->         12 new instance via logical

2) 12(new) primary --> 12(?) standby via what replication logical or binary?