Re: Missing rows after migrating from postgres 11 to 12 with logical replication

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Missing rows after migrating from postgres 11 to 12 with logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/23/20 1:40 AM, Lars Vonk wrote:
> The full setup is:
>
> **Before:
> 11 primary -> 11 hotstandby binary
>
> **During migration
> 11 primary -> 11 hotstandby binary
>    | -> 12 new instance via logical
>            |-> 12 new replica via binary
>
> **After migration
> 12 primary
> |-> 12 replica via binary

There are several moving parts here. I have to believe the problem is
related. Just not sure how to figure it out after the fact. The best I
can come up with is retry the process and monitor closely in real or
near real time to see if you can catch the issue. Another option is to
reduce the parts count by not running the binary 12 --> 12 replication
at the same time you are doing the 11 --> 12 logical replication.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com