Database size will be Huge difference while Restoring

От Rajmohan Masa
Тема Database size will be Huge difference while Restoring
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Team,
I took Postgres database Backup through Directory format with compression.These are the details
Database Size: 3985 GB
Backup file Size will be 212 GB.

After that I Restored this backup file (212GB), but I'm getting Database size will be 456 GB.

So immediately I checked with Table Bloats,latest statistics and last vacuum status. After that I applied "Vacuum Full Verbose analyze" and " Reindex  " on that Database. Here I achieved Database size will be Reduced from 3985 GB to 2582GB.

After this process,again I took  Backup through Directory format with compression.These are the details
Database Size: 2582 GB
Backup file Size will be 212 GB.

After that I Restored this backup file (212 GB), but I'm getting Database size will be 456 GB.

Here I checked with Object Counts, I'm getting the same count in Both Db's.

why am I unable to get Original Database size/Approximately nearby original DB size in restore location ?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajamohan M.