Re: Database size will be Huge difference while Restoring

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Database size will be Huge difference while Restoring
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/5/23 08:35, Rajmohan Masa wrote:
> Hi Team,
> I took Postgres database Backup through Directory format with
> compression.These are the details

Postgres version?

OS and version?

Are both the above the same for the original and restored database?

Provide the commands you used to arrive at sizes below.

> Database Size: *3985 GB*
> Backup file Size will be*212 GB.*
> *
> *

Command used to restore the database?

Again command used to determine size of below.

> After that I Restored this backup file (212GB), but I'm getting Database
> size will be 456 GB.
>
> So immediately I checked with *Table Bloats,latest statistics and last
> vacuum status*. After that I applied "*Vacuum Full Verbose analyze*" and
> " *Reindex*  " on that Database. Here I achieved Database size will be
> R*educed from 3985 GB to 2582GB.*
> *
> *
> After this process,again**I took  Backup through Directory format with
> compression.These are the details
> Database Size: *2582 GB*
> Backup file Size will be* 212 GB.*
>
> After that I Restored this backup file (212 GB), but I'm getting
> Database size will be 456 GB.

How was object count arrived at?

> Here I checked with Object Counts, I'm getting the same count in Both Db's.
> *_
> _*
> *_why am I unable to get Original Database size/Approximately nearby
> original DB size in restore location ?_*

Have you looked at the Postgres log to see if there might be relevant
information?

Where there any errors/warnings during the restore?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com