Re: HOT Standby - slave does not appear to be removing wal files

От Prashanth Ranjalkar
Тема Re: HOT Standby - slave does not appear to be removing wal files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
While setting up Hot Standby, it's not a method to copy the primary database using dump and restore it on standby  using restore command as it's a logical backup. I doubt your WAL archiving is enabled and files are copied to archive destination that set in archive_command therefore keep accumulating under pg_xlog directory.

For hot standby setup, archiving must be enabled and online backup (file system level) needs to be taken for setting up Standby server and recovery.conf need to be prepared on slave server.

Please go through
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/high-availability.html for more details.
Thanks & Regards,

Prashanth Ranjalkar