Re: 9.2.2 - semop hanging

От Prashanth Ranjalkar
Тема Re: 9.2.2 - semop hanging
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:16:19 -0300
Rafael Domiciano <rafael.domiciano@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not a Linux expert, I'm a BSD man, but

a) do you have an interrupt storm?
b) what does postgres do before the hang?
c) do you have anyother software running? Including contrib modules. It may be a dns lookup timeout (watch port 53 tcp/udp)
d) what filesystem? Needs filesystem some kind of "maintenance window"? I mean flush dirty caches, metadata, wake up barriers...
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>
To make changes to your subscription:

 ---   ---

max seg size (kbytes) = 83886080
max total shared memory (kbytes) = 17179869184

At initial glance, I suspect adjusting these values may resolve the issue as SHMALL should be set either total max memory size or in number of pages. I think the value set is too large therefore recommend comment this SHMALL parameter and set only SHMMAX value with 24GB.

Request to verify the server logs if there are any share memory errors and assume that work_mem value is not set to extreme higher value as the max connections has set to 500.

Thanks & Regards,
 Prashanth Ranjalkar
Database Consultant & Architect
Skype:prashanth.ranjalkar